George & Guitar

George & Guitar
I live to play!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year

The busy season has passed and a new year has begun. I have taken these first couple of weeks of 2008 to be on vacation. It is the first time I have taken vacation at this time of the year. I have found it somewhat relaxing even though everyone else has gotten back into the swing of work and school. I have been reflecting on the past year and planning for this coming year. As I look back and reflect I think that overall 2007 was a pretty good year. I have certainly made progress spiritually. That is what I want to work on for the coming year. It has been a challenge for me to find balance between my family life and my professional life. I'm sure that is a pretty common challenge particularly for those who like me have to force themselves to take time off. I'm amazed at how much my children have grown; and, I think daily about the short time that I have been given to guide and nurture them.

So looking ahead I have decided on a few resolutions. First, to work hard at being a better husband and father. Secondly, to make progress improving my physical fitness and keeping my weight under control. Third, to work on writing some more psalm settings as well as improve my paino playing. I think that is about all I can handle for this year.

I'm looking forward to 2008 because I will be releasing some new material through ILP. I'll keep you all posted as things develop and the St. Augustine hymnal nears completion.

No comments: