George & Guitar

George & Guitar
I live to play!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's Called Christmas with a Capital "C"

These guys are pretty hard core, but I think it goes without saying that we should not be afraid to say "Merry Christmas." Our nation was founded on the notion that we should be able to worship God in any way that we see fit. Those who wish to intimidate or discourage a portion of the population from wishing our fellow humans a hearty, "Merry Christmas!" should be given a copy of the Constitution to read. I usually don't take offense at a sincere "Happy Holidays" but I ususally reply, "The same to you, and Merry Christmas!" So far I haven't been jumped by angry agnostics or militant athiests, but I do think that we should give more thought to the religious implications of the Christmas Season (which extends beyond December 25) and try to celebrate with true joy rather than put ourselves deeper into debt.

Anyway, enoy the video! I think it rocks.


No comments: